Friday, July 11, 2014

Quick Update!

Whew!  We have had a busy few weeks!! Brendan is still doing a fabulous job at his internship. I have started clinical rotations!  But, before any of that happened, my brother, mom, dad, and grandpa visited us here in good ole' Texas!!

We had a wonderful time with them...Darren and I even got to have some time, just the two of us, which was really special!  While they were here, we went to the Natural Science Museum, Mood Gardens, Space Center!,Kemah, Galveston, and a lot of other fun places!! We had such a great time with them all here.  We sure do miss being near our family.

I started rotations off in the Emergency Department at one of the many Houston hospitals.  Due to HIPPA, I can't really talk about much of the details, but I have been able to do some procedures! I have sutured (actually did that one my very first day!!) and have done a pelvic exam, assisted in a draining a pleural effusion, performed an infected toe nail removal..just to name a few of the experiences thus far :-) I am absolutely loving clinicals. Last week was tough, I had 3 night shifts in a row! But I adjusted and actually I am now having a harder time getting back to a normal schedule than I had getting in the groove of the night schedule.

Renegade is still a puppy...that's for sure! We thought we had it all figured out...we have been putting her *and* Molly in their respective crates at bed time....well, last night...in the middle of the night I feel a "thump, thump, thump" on my legs...Miss Renny got out of her crate and jumped into bed with us! It was pretty funny actually. Time to start putting the MasterLock back on her crate!  She is already 20 pounds! Molly is doing better and the two seem to be getting a long much better now.

Tomorrow Brendan and I are going into the city to participate in the Transplant Games of America!  We are going to walk a 5K and see some events.  We were going to volunteer, but with rotations, by the time I knew my schedule, we couldn't find spots that would work! So, walking in the 5K and watching some events will have to do!!

Just wanted to give a quick update on the Texas Murphy Family and let y'all know we are still alive and well!

No comments:

Post a Comment